Wednesday, March 18, 2009

When it rains...

...it pours.

Ohmygod. What a week.

As a bullet point summary, this weekend we:
  • Moved house. Twice. Involving more flights of stairs than is sensible. In the rain.
  • Quit our jobs.
  • Shaved my head.
  • Had my nephew & my birthday.
After we knocked off the first two items on that list, I participated in the World's Greatest Shave on the weekend. I'd promised that if we raised $400, I'd shave my head. We easily reached that amount (it's a little over $700 now), so at a combined birthday BBQ for my nephew & I, everyone took turns at cutting my hair.

I discovered two things during the process:
  • my neice Daisy already has the skills to become a world class hairdresser. She was able to use the world's bluntest clippers without dragging too much hair from the roots.
  • my neice Chloe already has the skills to become a world class movie director. The entire process was performed under her expert guidance.
As a bonus, I no longer need to carry as much shampoo on the Camino. ;-)





No comments: