Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quick Update

Wow. It's Jan 2009 already!

Just a very quick update:

Hannah & I walked the 1000 Steps (AKA Kokoda Walk) in the Dandenongs just before Christmas. It's not all that long (only around 3kms return), but it's bloody steep! There's a climb of about 300 meters in only 1500 meters of walking. Great for the leg muscles! Here's the GoogleMaps link for all the adventurers that want to find it.

I dropped Hannah off at Tullamarine Airport the following day, and while I was out that direction I headed out to Lerderderg State Park. It's not as picturesque as the Dandenongs, but the walking trails seem much much longer. I walked about 20kms over 5 hours and only covered a tiny part of it (maybe 2% of the available tracks). Actually, it's poorly signposted, so a lot of the walking I did was outside the park itself. If you're heading in, make sure you print a Google Map first (it's outside the range the street directory covers). Here's the GoogleMaps link.

On Saturday, Hannah & I are heading out to Lerderderg again, probably with heavier packs than we've taken before. I'm going to suggest to the park ranger that they change its name. "Lerderderg". What the hell were they thinking?

No comments: